CARMEL, Ind. – The Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference (HCAC) men's basketball season carried on into week seven, with teams seeing action around the region and country before the break.
Around the League:
Athlete of the Week:
Maurice Knight (Frankton, Ind.) Anderson University | Forward | Junior - Knight compiled averages of 29.0 points and 11.5 rebounds for the week. Knight racked up totals of 24 points, 19 rebounds and two blocks as the Ravens rolled to a 90-62 HCAC victory against Defiance. He then poured in 34 points in an 88-81 win against Olivet.
- Tyler Andrew (Indianapolis, Ind.) Defiance College | Forward | Sophomore - In Defiance's only game last week, Andrew had 18 points, seven rebounds and a game-high three blocked shots. He shot 60 percent (6-of-10) from the field, including 66.7 percent (2-of-3) from three-point range and a perfect 100 percent (4-of-4) at the free throw line.
- Chainey Zolman (North Manchester, Ind.) Earlham College | Forward | Senior - Zolman averaged 24.5 points over two games while leading Earlham to a 1-1 record last week. He scored a career-high 29 points in the Quakers' 91-77 home win over Kalamazoo College - Earlham's first win over K-zoo since the 1960-61 season and ending the Quakers' 10-game losing streak to the Hornets in the on-again-off-again rivalry. Zolman was 7-of-11 from the floor versus Kalamazoo, including a 6-of-7 mark from three-point range, and a 9-for-10 ledger at the free-throw line. He also had four rebounds, four assists, and a steal against the Hornets. Zolman ended the week with 20 points in a tough 75-70 home loss to DePauw University. He again turned in a solid shooting performance with a 6-of-9 mark from the floor, 4-of-6 from beyond the arc, and a perfect 4-for-4 at the charity stripe. Zolman hauled down three boards with two assists and two blocks versus the Tigers. For the week, Zolman had a .650 FG pct. (13-20) with a .769 3FG pct. (10-13), while going 13-of-14 (.929) at the free-throw line.
- Kale Morris (Frankfort, Ind.) Franklin College | Guard | Senior – Morris collected a season-high 25 points for the Grizzlies last Tuesday night in a dominant 112-61 win over Boyce College that closed out non-conference play. He knocked down a career-high seven three-pointers in the win, coming within one of the program's single-game record.
- Craig McGee (Loveland, Ohio) Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology | Guard | Junior – McGee narrowly missed a triple-double with 22 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists in a 76-64 win over Wabash. In the same month after recording the first triple-double in program history against Defiance in December, McGee finished 8-17 from the field and also added three steals as RHIT defeated an in-state rival.
- Zach Larimore (La Grange, Ky.) Transylvania University | Forward | Sophomore - Larimore exploded for a 19-point performance on a 54 percent display from the field in the Pioneers' 75-74 win over Depauw in the second game of the Don Lane Classic on Wednesday to finish off a 1-1 week for the Pioneers. Larimore's final two points served as the game-winning bucket against Depauw as part of a 19 point, 7-for-13 FG, five rebound, one assist, one block performance versus the Tigers in 27 minutes of work. Over two games for the week, Larimore totaled 21 points, 4-4 FT, seven rebounds, one assist, and one block. The sophomore was named to the Don Lane Classic All-Tournament Team for his performance.